Tuesday, October 6, 2009

home again

Seven days after the plane touched down, I am still experiencing the leftovers of jet lag. My body, mind and emotions have been in turmoil for this past week. The high energy of the trip, preceeded by months of eager anticipation left me thoroughly exhausted. I was unprepared for the physical toll that the dark spiritual atmosphere would exact. Interestingly, it occurred to me to do a "Daniel" fast for 40 days prior to the trip in an effort to get spiritually prepared. Unfortunately, after a couple of weeks, I faltered on that. Hindsight? It was not only a great idea, but will be something I commit to fully on my next trip. Seriously. Going out as an ambassador for Christ is a good way to be targeted and fasting is an awesome way to sharpen spiritual senses.

I arrived home Tuesday evening, hugged kids, gave presents and showed pictures. It was such a relief to wrap my arms around my family again. Two weeks is a long time to miss them! My mom was as relieved to see me as I was to see my children. I guess you never quit being a mama.

Bedtime was welcome and I thought I'd just wake up the next day and have a nice day with the children (having made a school holiday for them). Well...I was practically comatose the entire day! Walking was iffy, much less dressing, driving or any other activity. The kids were disappointed that it was more of a 'movie day' than a 'mommy day', but honestly I was done in!

Thursday was better and Friday I felt almost normal...except for waking at 4am. Saturday, I began the emotional readjustment. Fodder for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment