Friday, September 25, 2009

Bangkok

The reason this city gets a blog entry is a two hour layover.  Or one hour. Time and I don’t understand one another very well. OK, it isn’t that bad. The flight was delayed by an hour which actually happened so I wouldn’t totally stress out. I had booked the flights with 2 hours to spare in the change over but didn’t realize that I’d need to go through immigration, baggage claim, customs, check-in and security before getting to the gate. Yikes!! That was a question I didn’t even know to ask.
I landed right on time in Bangkok at 5:30-ish then went to immigration and baggage claim. Lauren and I had the same flight, so that was fun. We collected our bags and said our goodbyes. She was off to Perth, Australia and I to Hat Yai, Thailand. With trolley in tow, I began looking for the check in counters. Unfortunately I walked past the ‘travelator’ (a moving sidewalk that is at a pretty steep incline) twice but some kind folks pointed me in the right direction. Naturally, my airline check-in counter was at the back end of beyond!
At check-in, I saw that my flight was delayed an hour and boy, was I grateful. It’s just one of many details that God takes care of for me. He knows when I’ll arrive and depart. He knows which planes are running late and on time. He knows the weather conditions and everything. Even though I know He’s got it all under control, I still pretty much talk to Him constantly. Just to keep the lines open.
So here I sit in my gate and have 30 minutes before boarding. Isn’t He great?

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad your trip has gone so well and that you've got so many stories to share!
    We've missed you, but I'm so glad that we've been able to "be apart of this journey" of yours via your blog!!

    Safe travels home, my friend!!

    Prayin' for ya!

    ReplyDelete